About Me

My photo
Maghull, Merseyside, United Kingdom
A rather cynical student. Lived in Maghull for a long time...too long perhaps. Currently doing nothing at LJMU...Well, it seems like nothing. Also studying Spanish.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Maghull Library

Well, I have been waiting for years for Maghull to build something good and when it comes along, I am disappointed. Maghull Leisure facility at the Meadows looks good and it is very modern but that is where the compliments end. The gym/ leisure facility maybe ok but the 'library' is poor. £8.3 million was spent on this venture and they cannot provide a decent library environment...I am tempted to say bring back Maghull's old library but that is being a bit dramatic. The old library at least had a quiet area where one could read, relax in a bit of peace, find a bit of solitude, although it did lack the modernism which the new one offers in abbundance, too much, in fact. Did the developers not consider that some people may want to do work/study in this new one? I agree that the libraries need to attract a younger clientele but there should be an area conducive to working, away from the madding crowd. They even had the radio on, on both floors of the library, when I asked what they were thinking of when they decided to do this, I couldn't get a straight answer. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment